Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Smith Family | Littlest Heroes Project | Indianapolis Children's Photographer






























This is little Noah and his adorable sister and brother. I have known this family for over 10 years (Wow!!). I remember running into Jeni last year at Trader Joe's. It's funny b/c I rarely go to Trader Joes so I don't think it was coincidence that we ran into each other - it was a planned meeting by our heavenly father. Jeni had Noah in her arms and he seemed a little sad that day. I asked Jenny how she was doing and she said good. She mentioned that Noah had to have some blood work that day b/c he had a lump that hadn't gone away. A lymph node possibly swollen from being sick etc... just a test to make sure all was well. I was certain all would be well and I said goodbye to Noah and Jeni and went on my way. I remember seeing a post on facebook shortly after. "Our worst fears have been confirmed - Noah has leukemia" My heart sank. I remember crying as I read the post and thinking of how their lives were about to change so suddenly and drastically. I followed their story online through the Caring Bridge (a site that Riley Hospital for Children developed for families going through similar struggles). I prayed for Noah to be healed (Along with hundreds of other family members, friends, and strangers). I am so happy to say that Noah came through this year with flying colors. He is so strong, brave, and happy. His hair is coming back and he looks more handsome than ever. His parents and siblings toughed out a really rough year and in the end God healed their little boy. I praise God for Noah's recovery and I thank him for this precious boy that will change the world one day. I know God has big plans for his life. I am so thankful that I am able to use my gift of photography to help in some small way. This family received a free session plus all of the digital images as my way of paying it forward. If you know of someone that has a child with cancer that you would like to submit for the Littlest Heroes Project let me know =) Thank you Chris and Jeni for allowing me to capture these precious moments for you. Hugs, Loree

2 comments:

Jeremy said...

Those are some cute kids :). I miss you all and really can't believe it was 10 years ago! Thanks for being generous with your gifts Loree.

Anonymous said...

From the aunt of these cuties...
You have captured my niece and nephews so well! I know it is not easy to get so many smiles out of them and appreciate the time you took with them and for giving Jeni and Chris such an awesome gift! You will be blessed!